Saturday, November 15, 2014

Barry Award

award photo courtesy Stu Neville...
On Friday night my second Sean Duffy novel, I Hear The Sirens In The Street, won the 2014 Barry Award in the best mystery (paperback original) category. The awards were announced at this year's Bouchercon crime fiction convention which was held in Long Beach, California. Stuart Neville was gracious enough to pick up the award on my behalf as I couldn't get there this year. Many thanks to the judges, to Deadly Pleasures magazine and to everyone who voted for me. I really do appreciate it. You can find the full list of winners in all four categories, here. And thank you again Stuart for picking it up for me and to Seana Graham for cheering like a - nice - banshee. 
...
This is going to sound a little bit like solo trumpetry but as this blogpost may become a google gravity well for people searching McKinty Awards or Sean Duffy Series Awards etc. I'd like to stress, for those people who have never heard of me, that each of the Sean Duffy books has won a different crime fiction award: 

Sean Duffy #1 The Cold Cold Ground won the 2013 Spinetingler Award
Sean Duffy #2 I Hear The Sirens In The Street won the 2014 Barry Award (best pbk original)
Sean Duffy #3 In The Morning I'll Be Gone won the 2014 Ned Kelly Award

The series has been shortlisted for numerous other awards & Duffy #1 has also been shortlisted for the 2015 Prix SNCF Du Polar and that can still be voted on, here, if you are so inclined. Merci.