Monday, June 8, 2015

Lee

Publishing that Muhammad Ali story (previous post, below) got me thinking that I'd previously written a celebrity story about a person who was an (amateur) boxer but was much more famous as an actor. For the Crime Factory Anthology collection Lee I wrote a story about Lee Marvin. The idea behind Lee was to write a fictional account of a moment in Marvin's real life. I chose to write about Marvin's evacuation to a hospital when he was a US Marine during the Pacific War. 
...
As Private Marvin lies in his bed in the safe surroundings of the hospital ship listening to Glenn Miller he thinks about his buddies still fighting on the island. He thinks about what his tough guy father will think about him being invalided out of combat in his first few days in theatre. He thinks about what he's going to do with the rest of his life after the war. . .
...
You can read the Lee Marvin story, here on my "pages" page.